We are now accepting entries for the 2011 Editors’ Prize Contests in Fiction and Poetry. Deadline December 17, 2010.
$16 entry fee includes a one-year subscription to Meridian. (Entries from outside the U.S. will receive only the prize issue due to additional mailing costs.)
$1,000 prize awarded to winners of both genres.
We expect to announce winners in March 2011.
All submissions will be considered for standard publication in Meridian.
Fiction writers may submit one story of 10,000 words or fewer. Poets may submit up to 4 poems.
You may enter more than one time; however, in the past, entering multiple times has not significantly increased a contestant’s odds.
Submit your work through ManuscriptHub.com. Make sure that your account includes a working e-mail (one valid through May of 2011). It’s the only way for us to contact you.
Contest Eligibility Rules:
- UVA alumni who graduated before June 2007 may enter the contests.
- Current UVA students, staff, and faculty are NOT eligible.
- Former Meridian staff are not eligible. (If you’ve been on our masthead, don’t enter.)
- Friends, relatives, and former teachers and students of current Meridian staff or its advisor are not eligible.
- Current subscribers may enter the Editors’ Prize Contest for the same $16 fee. Your subscription will be extended by one year (and you will remain, as always, one of our favorite people in the world, even if you get treated like everyone else for the purposes of the contest).