We’re excited to announce that we are now accepting entries for the 2010 Editors’ Prize Contests in Fiction and Poetry. Deadline December 15, 2009.
For a $16 entry fee, you receive a chance at a $1,000 prize and a one-year subscription to Meridian (entries from outside the U.S. will receive only the prize issue due to additional mailing costs.) You can either submit them in separate files (which allows you to withdraw them individually) or as a single file.
We expect to announce winners in early March 2010.
All submissions will be considered for standard publication in Meridian.
Fiction writers may submit one story of 10,000 words or fewer. Poets may submit up to 4 poems.
You may enter more than one time; however, in the past, entering multiple times has not significantly increased a contestant’s odds.
Submit your work through ManuscriptHub.com. Make sure that your account includes a working e-mail (one valid through March of 2010). It’s the only way for us to contact you.
Best of luck!
Contest Eligibility Rules:
- UVA alumni who graduated before June 2007 may enter the contests.
- Current UVA students, staff, and faculty are NOT eligible.
- Former Meridian staff are not eligible. (If you’ve been on our masthead, don’t enter.)
- Friends, relatives, and former teachers and students of current Meridian staff or its advisor are not eligible.
- Current subscribers may enter the Editors’ Prize Contest for the same $16 fee. Your subscription will be extended by one year (and you will remain, as always, one of our favorite people in the world, even if you get treated like everyone else for the purposes of the contest).